The Rise of Video Marketing
What is Video Marketing?
Videos are now becoming so popular and effective that they are in every interaction we are making online. Video marketing is a new type of internet marketing and advertising in which businesses create a 3-5 minute short video. This can be about specific topics using content from articles and other text and visual sources. The videos are then uploaded to various video sharing websites like YouTube for distribution and presentation. Online video is exploding onto the market and it is an under used channel of content marketing that is perfect for reaching clients.
Why use Video Marketing?
- 2015 has been called “The Year of Video Marketing” as companies find new and inventive
ways to use the medium to reach customers.
- Videos can stand out on social media giving customers a quick overview of a product without overwhelming them with text.
- Having videos increases open rates, increases click-through rates, and reduces unsubscribe rates in email marketing.
- Videos have been found effective by marketers for brand awareness, lead generation and online engagement.
- Modern video is easy to produce, costs a fraction of what it used to and can be used for many business objectives:
- Sales pages
- News releases
- Software Demonstrations
- Product Demonstrations
- Social media
If you are making videos and aren’t tagging and search engine optimising them you’re missing out on business leads and sales. Search visibility means you’ll get found versus spending money on a video that just sits there doing nothing for you. Take the time to research the keywords and use them in the title, description and tags when you post your video.
Google’s recent mobile update penalises sites with content that is not mobile-friendly, so make sure that your video content is available on a fully mobile-responsive website.
Online video now accounts for 50% of all mobile traffic.
It is predicted that 80% of all online content will be video by 2019. Businesses are now realising just how powerful a tool, video online, can be.
Don’t get left behind!